CWF on 4th & 5th of August
31 July 2018 | General Interest
Thank you to our compassionate and generous parishioners for supporting the Charitable Works Fund. Thanks to you our parish almost reached its target $47,078.00 in the last financial year.
The August CWF Appeal Focuses on two brave young families sharing their experience of the Catholic Care Hospital Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care Practitioner Program (one of the charities supported by the CWF). You can read more about their stories in the August edition of Broken Bay News or watch the video at Mass.
The Charitable Works Fund is 100% tax deductible and 98.25 cents of every dollar goes to the following five beneficiaries:
- Catholic Care Hospital Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care Practitioner Program - where five Pastoral Care Practitioners reach over 3,000 patients, 700 families and over 180 hospital staff each year across seven hospitals in our Diocese.
- Confraternity of the Christian Doctrine - creating and updating the curriculum and training catechists who minister to public school students across the Doicese.
- St Lucy's School - for primary school students with disabilities.
- St Edmund's School - for secondary school students with disabilities.
- Ephpheta Centre - serving the Catholic deaf community.
A reminder: If you or a loved one is admitted to a hospital, please ensure that you write 'Catholic' as your religion on admissions paperwork so that you can receive Catholic services during your stay.