Young Reader's Ministry
The ministry of reading, Proclaiming and/or announcing, the Word of God, is called:
'Reader or Proclaimer of the Word.'
9 AM Mass is Family and Children Mass
- Every Sunday 9am Mass children from Yr 1 to Yr 6 can lead the Prayers of the Faithful.
- Every third Sunday of the month, including important celebrations such as Easter, Pentecost, and Christmas, children and younger adults from Yr 3 to Yr 7 are invited to read the first, psalm, and second reading.
As proclaimer of the Word, you are the instrument of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit works through your being and your voice to accomplish, in the Sacred Scriptures proclaimed aloud, the spiritual transformation of those listening.
We all have been given a gift from God - Be a Good Reader and a story teller is God's gift to you.
The Sacred Scriptures, above all in their liturgical proclamation, are the source of life and strength.
As the Apostle Paul attests: The Gospel is the saving power of God for everyone who believes. Love of the Scriptures is therefore a force reinvigorating and renewing the entire people of God. (347)
What we ask to agree on:
- To join the "Young Readers" on the 3rd Saturday of the month
- To reflect on the reading, share our understanding. Listen to be still in the presence of God.
- Learn the necessary skills to proclaim the Word of God
- Agree to be punctual for the practice and on the assigned day Sunday
- If you cannot attend, inform the coordinator at least 3 days before the event.
To join the "Young Readers" Ministry:
Please contact Coordinator Michelle Faulkner
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org